Fried Oysters in the Shell
As promised, we are serving you up some recipes to try at home weekly!
This week is a simple fried oyster recipe with some presentation flare.
What you will need for your Fried Oysters in the Shell:
- How ever many oysters you want
- 2 eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Whole grain mustard
- ½ a cup of oil
- First shuck your oysters!
- Start your oil heating in a covered pot on medium heat.
- Next whisk your eggs with a little water and place the oysters in the egg wash.
- Stir whichever spices you like into your panko crumbs then take the oysters out of the egg wash and coat them in the breadcrumbs.
- Once your oil is hot, carefully place the oysters in and let fry until browned on both sides then take them out of the oil and let them dry on a paper towel.
- Mix together your mayonnaise and mustard to make an aioli (add salt and pepper if you like)
- Fill the oyster shells with the aioli then place the fried oysters in that boat of deliciousness!
- If you want a bit of color top with fresh parsley or chives.